US: Carter's optimistic despite Q4 decline
- Q4 earnings down 12.2%
- Net sales climb 11.7%
Children's wear company Carter's has said it is planning for "good growth" in its next fiscal year, despite recording a drop in earnings in its fourth-quarter.
Earnings in the three months ended 28 December dropped 12.2% to US$5.9m from $42.7m a year earlier. The decline was due to charges related to office consolidation, its acquisition of tradenames, and the exit of its retail operations in Japan.
Excluding these expenses, net income increased 4.6% to $56.2m.
Net sales climbed 11.7% in the quarter to $769.7m, while sales of the firm's Carter's brands grew 9.7% to $567.2m. International sales increased 33%, to $86.3m.
For fiscal 2014, the company has guided for a net revenue increase of 8% to 10%, and adjusted diluted EPS to increase 12% to 15%.
"Carter's achieved its 25th consecutive year of sales growth in 2013," said CEO Michael Casey. "We are planning good growth in sales and earnings in 2014, driven by our direct-to-consumer businesses in the US and Canada."
FBR Capital Markets analyst Susan Anderson, said: "We believe store sales have been surprisingly resilient in 1Q-to-date, particularly impressive given the adverse weather and weak traffic.
"Including e-commerce, the total company comp is likely solidly positive. Once the weather improves, we expect a boost from pent-up demand (given the stable/replenishment nature of children's clothing) that will likely disproportionately benefit outdoor stores (which have been weak)."
Synopsis Canadean's "Carter's, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products a...
Children's wear company Carter's has booked an increase in second-quarter earnings and sales, exceeding the firm's expectations....
Introduction Global Childrenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 20......
Introduction Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and ......
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey