US: Carter's Q2 exceeds company expectations
- Q2 earnings up 31.6%
- Consolidated net sales grow 10.9%
Children's wear company Carter's has booked an increase in second-quarter earnings and sales, exceeding the firm's expectations.
In the three months ended 28 June, net income increased 31.6% to US$25.9m from $19.7m in the prior year.
Consolidated net sales were up 10.9% to $574.1m, while international sales grew 13.1% to reach $61.2m.
"We exceeded our sales and earnings goals, and made good progress with our growth initiatives in the second quarter," said Michael Casey, chairman and CEO. "We believe consumers are responding to the beauty and compelling value of our product offerings across all channels of distribution. We are very pleased with our first half performance and expect to achieve our sales and earnings objectives this year."
For the full year, the company is expecting sales to increase around 8% to 10% over fiscal 2013 and adjusted diluted EPS to grow 14% to 16%, up from Carter's prior growth estimate of 12% to 15%.
FB&R analyst Susan Anderson said 2015 looks "extremely bright" for Carter's.
"With improved product margins in 1H15, a cotton tailwind in 2H15 (estimated $0.45/share benefit), direct sourcing benefits, mix shift benefits, and potentially a stabilisation of industry inventories and promos ... we think that 2015 could be a banner year for CRI margin expansion."
Synopsis Canadean's "Carter's, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products a...
Introduction Global Childrenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 20......
Introduction Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and ......
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
Plimsoll’s Childrens Clothing (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Childrens Clothing (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a writ...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details