US: Carter's Q2 exceeds company expectations
- Q2 earnings up 31.6%
- Consolidated net sales grow 10.9%
Children's wear company Carter's has booked an increase in second-quarter earnings and sales, exceeding the firm's expectations.
In the three months ended 28 June, net income increased 31.6% to US$25.9m from $19.7m in the prior year.
Consolidated net sales were up 10.9% to $574.1m, while international sales grew 13.1% to reach $61.2m.
"We exceeded our sales and earnings goals, and made good progress with our growth initiatives in the second quarter," said Michael Casey, chairman and CEO. "We believe consumers are responding to the beauty and compelling value of our product offerings across all channels of distribution. We are very pleased with our first half performance and expect to achieve our sales and earnings objectives this year."
For the full year, the company is expecting sales to increase around 8% to 10% over fiscal 2013 and adjusted diluted EPS to grow 14% to 16%, up from Carter's prior growth estimate of 12% to 15%.
FB&R analyst Susan Anderson said 2015 looks "extremely bright" for Carter's.
"With improved product margins in 1H15, a cotton tailwind in 2H15 (estimated $0.45/share benefit), direct sourcing benefits, mix shift benefits, and potentially a stabilisation of industry inventories and promos ... we think that 2015 could be a banner year for CRI margin expansion."
Children's wear company Carter's said it saw good demand for its brands in the final months of the year as it booked an increase in fourth-quarter earnings and sales....
Synopsis Canadean's "Carter's, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products a...
Formal wear tailoring firm Bagir Group is to embark on a two-year recovery plan to increase its competitiveness and save the business at least US$3m a year, after warning its full-year results will be...
Introduction Global Childrenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 20......
Next's head of men's wear design, Simon Hawksworth, is to join UK retailer Marks & Spencer in the same role....
Introduction Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and ......
Prominent Europe has added the Simon Carter shirt, tie and tailoring business to its portfolio of brands, through a licensing deal....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019