US: Carter's Q2 exceeds company expectations
- Q2 earnings up 31.6%
- Consolidated net sales grow 10.9%
Children's wear company Carter's has booked an increase in second-quarter earnings and sales, exceeding the firm's expectations.
In the three months ended 28 June, net income increased 31.6% to US$25.9m from $19.7m in the prior year.
Consolidated net sales were up 10.9% to $574.1m, while international sales grew 13.1% to reach $61.2m.
"We exceeded our sales and earnings goals, and made good progress with our growth initiatives in the second quarter," said Michael Casey, chairman and CEO. "We believe consumers are responding to the beauty and compelling value of our product offerings across all channels of distribution. We are very pleased with our first half performance and expect to achieve our sales and earnings objectives this year."
For the full year, the company is expecting sales to increase around 8% to 10% over fiscal 2013 and adjusted diluted EPS to grow 14% to 16%, up from Carter's prior growth estimate of 12% to 15%.
FB&R analyst Susan Anderson said 2015 looks "extremely bright" for Carter's.
"With improved product margins in 1H15, a cotton tailwind in 2H15 (estimated $0.45/share benefit), direct sourcing benefits, mix shift benefits, and potentially a stabilisation of industry inventories and promos ... we think that 2015 could be a banner year for CRI margin expansion."
Synopsis Canadean's "Carter's, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products a...
Introduction Global Childrenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 20......
Around 500 workers at an apparel factory in Cambodia have been protesting for a sixth day over the sacking by management of three union officials....
Introduction Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and ......
Apparel, footwear and discount retailers could be the prime beneficiaries of a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) ratified by early next year, says one analyst....
Baby clothing refers to clothing for infants and toddlers aged between 0 to 36 months. It includes apparel such as outerwear, innerwear, nightwear, socks, and tights designed for babies. The clothes a...
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals