US: Carter’s Q3 profit down as cotton costs rise
- Q3 underlying profit down 20% to US$39.7m
- Net sales up 23.5% to $639.6m
- CEO “encouraged” by costs outlook
Children’s and baby apparel company Carter’s recorded a 20% drop in third quarter profit, impacted by higher cotton prices despite a 23.5% sales surge.
Domestic sales for the Carter’s brand were up 17.5%, while its OshKosh B’gosh brand recorded a 3.1% rise in sales.
Meanwhile, international sales built on a small base to reach $59.4m in the quarter, up from $11.4m in the same period last year.
“As expected, profitability this year has been affected by the abnormal spike in cotton prices,” said Michael Casey, Carter’s chairman and CEO.
“We are encouraged by the improved outlook on product costs and the continued support of our brands from consumers in all channels of distribution.”
The company expects full-year net sales to increase by about 19%, giving adjusted diluted earnings per share of about $1.88-1.93.
Children's and baby apparel company Carter's has today (26 April) posted a rise in first-quarter net profit, as a result of increased retail and international sales....
US children's apparel specialist Carter's is investing more than US$50m to set up a new multi-channel distribution centre in Braselton, Georgia....
The former president of Carter's Inc has been charged with a multi-million dollar securities fraud cover-up at the children's clothing maker between 2004 and December 2009....
Children's wear company Carters saw fourth-quarter profits slip as higher cotton prices and acquisition expenses offset rising sales....
- Latest TPP talks fail to clinch a deal
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- COMMENT: Wearable tech – a passing fashion?
- Software solutions: Digital design and prototyping
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- Fabric sourcing tool links mills with design teams
- Coats Group swings to substantial H1 loss
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019