CANADA: Carter’s to acquire Bonnie Togs for US$98m
US children’s apparel specialist Carter’s has agreed to acquire Canadian licensee Bonnie Togs in a deal worth up to US$98m.
The children’s wear retail chain, which has 59 of its own stores plus 22 Carter’s/OshKosh B’gosh outlets, recorded net sales in the year to May 2011 of C$100m (US$103m), up 30%.
Bonnie Togs has been Carter’s principal licensee in Canada since 2007 and the company’s most significant international licensing partner.
The deal, expected to close within 45 days, includes a cash payment upon closing of $62m, with the balance payable upon attainment of certain earnings objectives over a four-year period.
“The acquisition of Bonnie Togs is an important component of our long-term strategy to extend the reach of our Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands to consumers in international markets,” said Michael Casey, Carter’s chairman and CEO.
“We see significant potential for growth in Canada, with an opportunity to operate approximately 160 stores contributing total annual revenues of more than $200m by 2016.”
Children's and baby apparel company Carter's recorded a 20% drop in third quarter profit, impacted by higher cotton prices despite a 23.5% sales surge....
A forecast for apparel price rises over the next two decades, Reebok paying $25m in customer refunds over claims made for its toning footwear, and the loss of up to 500 jobs at dyes and chemicals make...
A former executive vice president of Carter's Inc has been charged with financial fraud and insider trading at the children's clothing maker between 2004 and March 2009....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects