CANADA: Carter’s to acquire Bonnie Togs for US$98m
US children’s apparel specialist Carter’s has agreed to acquire Canadian licensee Bonnie Togs in a deal worth up to US$98m.
The children’s wear retail chain, which has 59 of its own stores plus 22 Carter’s/OshKosh B’gosh outlets, recorded net sales in the year to May 2011 of C$100m (US$103m), up 30%.
Bonnie Togs has been Carter’s principal licensee in Canada since 2007 and the company’s most significant international licensing partner.
The deal, expected to close within 45 days, includes a cash payment upon closing of $62m, with the balance payable upon attainment of certain earnings objectives over a four-year period.
“The acquisition of Bonnie Togs is an important component of our long-term strategy to extend the reach of our Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands to consumers in international markets,” said Michael Casey, Carter’s chairman and CEO.
“We see significant potential for growth in Canada, with an opportunity to operate approximately 160 stores contributing total annual revenues of more than $200m by 2016.”
Children's and baby apparel company Carter's recorded a 20% drop in third quarter profit, impacted by higher cotton prices despite a 23.5% sales surge....
A forecast for apparel price rises over the next two decades, Reebok paying $25m in customer refunds over claims made for its toning footwear, and the loss of up to 500 jobs at dyes and chemicals make...
A former executive vice president of Carter's Inc has been charged with financial fraud and insider trading at the children's clothing maker between 2004 and March 2009....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- FOCUS: Topshop suffers a setback in Japan
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide