CANADA: Carter’s to acquire Bonnie Togs for US$98m
US children’s apparel specialist Carter’s has agreed to acquire Canadian licensee Bonnie Togs in a deal worth up to US$98m.
The children’s wear retail chain, which has 59 of its own stores plus 22 Carter’s/OshKosh B’gosh outlets, recorded net sales in the year to May 2011 of C$100m (US$103m), up 30%.
Bonnie Togs has been Carter’s principal licensee in Canada since 2007 and the company’s most significant international licensing partner.
The deal, expected to close within 45 days, includes a cash payment upon closing of $62m, with the balance payable upon attainment of certain earnings objectives over a four-year period.
“The acquisition of Bonnie Togs is an important component of our long-term strategy to extend the reach of our Carter’s and OshKosh B’gosh brands to consumers in international markets,” said Michael Casey, Carter’s chairman and CEO.
“We see significant potential for growth in Canada, with an opportunity to operate approximately 160 stores contributing total annual revenues of more than $200m by 2016.”
Children's and baby apparel company Carter's recorded a 20% drop in third quarter profit, impacted by higher cotton prices despite a 23.5% sales surge....
A forecast for apparel price rises over the next two decades, Reebok paying $25m in customer refunds over claims made for its toning footwear, and the loss of up to 500 jobs at dyes and chemicals make...
A former executive vice president of Carter's Inc has been charged with financial fraud and insider trading at the children's clothing maker between 2004 and March 2009....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019