US: Carter's to move Shelton operations to Atlanta
Children's wear maker Carter's has revealed it will relocate its Shelton-based retail store in Connecticut and financial operations to its Atlanta headquarters in Georgia to support growth plans.
The company, which owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, said it is evaluating its long-term space needs in Atlanta.
The consolidation will create some 200 jobs in Atlanta and is expected to be completed by the end of 2013.
"We believe that bringing our employees together in one location will improve the interaction and collaboration of our talented workforce and strengthen our ability to provide consumers with the best value and experience in young children's apparel."
Carter's expects pre-tax consolidation-related expenses to range from US$35m to $40m over the next 12-18 months. The costs relate to recruiting, relocation, and severance costs as well as facility-related charges.
Consensus among industry executives seems clear that China's many advantages mean it will continue to be key to apparel sourcing strategies - despite its rising prices, labour issues, and government p...
As retailers struggle to differentiate themselves from their peers, and have little room to manoeuvre when it comes to mark-ups and markdowns, there's a growing awareness that the supply chain can con...
US department store operator JC Penney has been forced to abandon a central part of its turnaround plans after the strategy failed to gain traction with consumers. ...
Teen apparel retailer Delia's Inc has seen its fourth-quarter losses widen after it was hit by slower demand. ...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details