US: Carter's to move Shelton operations to Atlanta
Children's wear maker Carter's has revealed it will relocate its Shelton-based retail store in Connecticut and financial operations to its Atlanta headquarters in Georgia to support growth plans.
The company, which owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, said it is evaluating its long-term space needs in Atlanta.
The consolidation will create some 200 jobs in Atlanta and is expected to be completed by the end of 2013.
"We believe that bringing our employees together in one location will improve the interaction and collaboration of our talented workforce and strengthen our ability to provide consumers with the best value and experience in young children's apparel."
Carter's expects pre-tax consolidation-related expenses to range from US$35m to $40m over the next 12-18 months. The costs relate to recruiting, relocation, and severance costs as well as facility-related charges.
Consensus among industry executives seems clear that China's many advantages mean it will continue to be key to apparel sourcing strategies - despite its rising prices, labour issues, and government p...
As retailers struggle to differentiate themselves from their peers, and have little room to manoeuvre when it comes to mark-ups and markdowns, there's a growing awareness that the supply chain can con...
US department store operator JC Penney has been forced to abandon a central part of its turnaround plans after the strategy failed to gain traction with consumers. ...
Teen apparel retailer Delia's Inc has seen its fourth-quarter losses widen after it was hit by slower demand. ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead