US: Carter's to move Shelton operations to Atlanta
Children's wear maker Carter's has revealed it will relocate its Shelton-based retail store in Connecticut and financial operations to its Atlanta headquarters in Georgia to support growth plans.
The company, which owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, said it is evaluating its long-term space needs in Atlanta.
The consolidation will create some 200 jobs in Atlanta and is expected to be completed by the end of 2013.
"We believe that bringing our employees together in one location will improve the interaction and collaboration of our talented workforce and strengthen our ability to provide consumers with the best value and experience in young children's apparel."
Carter's expects pre-tax consolidation-related expenses to range from US$35m to $40m over the next 12-18 months. The costs relate to recruiting, relocation, and severance costs as well as facility-related charges.
Consensus among industry executives seems clear that China's many advantages mean it will continue to be key to apparel sourcing strategies - despite its rising prices, labour issues, and government p...
As retailers struggle to differentiate themselves from their peers, and have little room to manoeuvre when it comes to mark-ups and markdowns, there's a growing awareness that the supply chain can con...
US department store operator JC Penney has been forced to abandon a central part of its turnaround plans after the strategy failed to gain traction with consumers. ...
Teen apparel retailer Delia's Inc has seen its fourth-quarter losses widen after it was hit by slower demand. ...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark