US: Carter's to move Shelton operations to Atlanta
Children's wear maker Carter's has revealed it will relocate its Shelton-based retail store in Connecticut and financial operations to its Atlanta headquarters in Georgia to support growth plans.
The company, which owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, said it is evaluating its long-term space needs in Atlanta.
The consolidation will create some 200 jobs in Atlanta and is expected to be completed by the end of 2013.
"We believe that bringing our employees together in one location will improve the interaction and collaboration of our talented workforce and strengthen our ability to provide consumers with the best value and experience in young children's apparel."
Carter's expects pre-tax consolidation-related expenses to range from US$35m to $40m over the next 12-18 months. The costs relate to recruiting, relocation, and severance costs as well as facility-related charges.
Consensus among industry executives seems clear that China's many advantages mean it will continue to be key to apparel sourcing strategies - despite its rising prices, labour issues, and government p...
Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also co...
As retailers struggle to differentiate themselves from their peers, and have little room to manoeuvre when it comes to mark-ups and markdowns, there's a growing awareness that the supply chain can con...
Global Childrenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descrip...
US department store operator JC Penney has been forced to abandon a central part of its turnaround plans after the strategy failed to gain traction with consumers. ...
Teen apparel retailer Delia's Inc has seen its fourth-quarter losses widen after it was hit by slower demand. ...
Senior executives from across the apparel industry and its supply chain will be heading to Hong Kong later this month for the annual Prime Source Forum....
Children's wear maker Carter's has reported a 40% increase in fourth-quarter profit, driven by rising sales of products sold under its namesake brand....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies