US: Carter's to open $50m distribution centre
US children's apparel specialist Carter's is investing more than US$50m to set up a new multi-channel distribution centre in Braselton, Georgia.
The one million square foot centre, expected to open in June, will support the company's e-commerce, retail, and wholesale businesses and create 250 immediate full-time positions. The firm also expects to create more than 600 new full-time jobs in Georgia by 2015.
"Encouraging job growth in the state is of the utmost importance, and we are pleased Carter's has chosen to invest in Georgia and its workforce," said Govenor Nathan Deal.
"This new facility is intended to allow us to support growth in our Carter's and OshKosh B'Gosh brands, improve the efficiency of our operations and better serve our customers," added Carter's chairman and CEO, Michael Casey.
Job training programme Georgia QuickStart will support Carter's in developing the facility's workforce. The company will begin its hiring process in early May to fill positions in operations, engineering, inventory control, human resources and additional support roles.
US children's apparel specialist Carter's saw its second quarter net profit jump on the back of increased international sales....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape