US: Carter's to open $50m distribution centre
US children's apparel specialist Carter's is investing more than US$50m to set up a new multi-channel distribution centre in Braselton, Georgia.
The one million square foot centre, expected to open in June, will support the company's e-commerce, retail, and wholesale businesses and create 250 immediate full-time positions. The firm also expects to create more than 600 new full-time jobs in Georgia by 2015.
"Encouraging job growth in the state is of the utmost importance, and we are pleased Carter's has chosen to invest in Georgia and its workforce," said Govenor Nathan Deal.
"This new facility is intended to allow us to support growth in our Carter's and OshKosh B'Gosh brands, improve the efficiency of our operations and better serve our customers," added Carter's chairman and CEO, Michael Casey.
Job training programme Georgia QuickStart will support Carter's in developing the facility's workforce. The company will begin its hiring process in early May to fill positions in operations, engineering, inventory control, human resources and additional support roles.
US children's apparel specialist Carter's saw its second quarter net profit jump on the back of increased international sales....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report