US: Carter’s warns of rising costs after Q3 profit
- Q3 net earnings up 0.5% to US$49.7m
- Sales up 7.6% to $517.9m
- Warns cotton price hikes will hit earnings
Baby and young child apparel group Carter’s warned that the impact of cotton price rises would hit future earnings, after reporting a slight profit increase during the third quarter.
The caution came despite a 7.6% sales rise for the US company in the three months to 30 September.
“We achieved good growth in sales in the third quarter; however, higher transportation expenses resulted in a slight decline in [operating profit],” said Michael Casey, Carter’s chairman and CEO.
“While we expect to achieve a record level of sales and earnings in fiscal 2010 and expect continued growth in sales, we believe rising product costs, particularly historically high cotton prices, will negatively impact earnings in the fourth quarter and through 2011.”
Teen apparel retailer Delia's has appointed Michael Zimmerman and Mario Ciampi to its board of directors, effective immediately....
Strong wholesale and retail demand for its Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands has helped Carter's Inc to a 5.8% rise in fourth quarter profit - but the children's wear maker warned that higher product...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020