US: Carter’s warns of rising costs after Q3 profit
- Q3 net earnings up 0.5% to US$49.7m
- Sales up 7.6% to $517.9m
- Warns cotton price hikes will hit earnings
Baby and young child apparel group Carter’s warned that the impact of cotton price rises would hit future earnings, after reporting a slight profit increase during the third quarter.
The caution came despite a 7.6% sales rise for the US company in the three months to 30 September.
“We achieved good growth in sales in the third quarter; however, higher transportation expenses resulted in a slight decline in [operating profit],” said Michael Casey, Carter’s chairman and CEO.
“While we expect to achieve a record level of sales and earnings in fiscal 2010 and expect continued growth in sales, we believe rising product costs, particularly historically high cotton prices, will negatively impact earnings in the fourth quarter and through 2011.”
Teen apparel retailer Delia's has appointed Michael Zimmerman and Mario Ciampi to its board of directors, effective immediately....
Strong wholesale and retail demand for its Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands has helped Carter's Inc to a 5.8% rise in fourth quarter profit - but the children's wear maker warned that higher product...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry