US: Casual Male launches social networking site
Big and tall men's retailer Casual Male Retail Group is launching its own social networking called BoldXL, aimed at providing the younger big and tall niche with an online community, it said.
The company, which operates the Casual Male XL, Rochester Clothing, B&T Factory Direct, LivingXL and ShoesXL chains, said users will be able to "share stories and experiences about being a big and tall guy, divulge fashion tips and discuss favourite looks".
The company will also sell apparel and footwear from a selection of its labels through the new site.
"With millions of people spending significant amounts of their time online everyday, it makes perfect sense for us to provide the big and tall niche with an open forum to share stories and interact with their peers in a way that was previously unavailable to them," said David Levin, president and CEO of Casual Male Retail Group. "Currently, a growing number of our customers fall into the 18-24 age bracket and with the launch of BoldXL, we will have another medium to reach this younger demographic, further expanding our customer base."
The Black Friday shopping bonanza sets a precedent for holiday season sales in the US. But rarely has it been more important to fashion retailers as many try to manoeuvre their way out of the red afte...
Casual Male Retail Group Inc has narrowed its third quarter loss, but says it is not revising earnings guidance for the rest of the year "due to the current economic conditions."...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020