US: Casual Male plans online launch in Europe
Big and tall men's apparel retailer Casual Male Retail Group is to launch its Casual Male XL and Rochester brands online in six European countries.
The retail brand operator has partnered with GSI Commerce for the design, development and operations of the online stores.
Its web stores are now live in the UK and will be rolling out in Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands over the coming week.
David Levin, president and CEO of Casual Male Retail Group, said: "We are very excited about entering into these key European markets and expanding our presence beyond just our UK Rochester store.
"Until now the EU market has had a limited selection of big and tall apparel and I think we will be able to answer the market's needs by introducing our brands to the six regions."
GSI is providing the web store design, technology, order processing, fulfillment and customer call centre services for the web stores.
Casual Male said that the demand for big and tall apparel is rising throughout Europe, with over 135m European adults affected by weight issues.
It added that the number of Internet users in Europe is also growing rapidly, with a 25% annual growth rate expected between now and 2011.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing that is specially made for petite, plus-sized and tall customers is one of the most dynamic segments of today’s apparel market, according to a new report from just-style. As such, it offers s...
Casual Male has reported a fourth quarter net loss of US$108.0m, compared to $638 income for last year's Q4, hit by non-cash impairment-related charges of approximately $100.0m....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022