US: Casual Male swings to Q3 loss of $1.6m
- Swung to a Q3 loss $1.6m from a profit of $0.3m
- Total sales fell 0.6% to $89.4m
- Comparable sales increased 0.7%
Casual Male Retail Group Inc, the chain of apparel stores for big and tall men, has lowered its full-year earnings outlook after third quarter sales came in "below expectations" and pushed it to a loss.
The company said store traffic was down by around 6% in the quarter, which was the main reason for lower sales. The rise in same-store sales was due to higher prices in certain merchandise categories.
Although merchandise margins fell by around 20 basis points, the retailer said it continues to benefit from strong initial margins and reduced markdowns. Gross margin fell to 45.0% from 45.7%.
It cut its full-year earnings forecast to $0.35 to $0.38 per share, down from earlier guidance of $0.40 to $0.45 per share. Total sales are seen between $397.5m to $402.5m, below previous forecasts for $405-$410m.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Casual Male Retail Group Inc, which sells apparel for big and tall men, is to shutter its online business in Europe, which it says has been unprofitable since being launched more than three years ago....
Casual Male Retail Group Inc is opening its first DestinationXL store in the Middle East this spring under a franchise agreement between one of its subsidiaries and The Standard Arabian Business & Ent...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing