US: Cat apparel licensee SRl extends PLM capabilities
Global apparel company SRI, which has the worldwide license to design, manufacture and distribute Cat branded apparel, is extending the capabilities of its PLM system by adding ERP and Supply Chain Management (SCM) software.
The suite of tools from NGC will provide a strategic platform for SRI's rapidly growing business, and will help improve workflows, productivity and speed to market.
The integration between NGC's PLM, SCM and ERP solutions provides an "immediate benefit" for SRI.
"For us, this will be a big efficiency gain," said John Curtis, project manager, SRI. "Information will flow from the PLM and SCM systems into the ERP and out into the warehouse management system, which will eliminate the need to manually re-enter data."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- PETA calls for wool boycott on “gruesome” exposé
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015