US: Cat apparel licensee SRl extends PLM capabilities
Global apparel company SRI, which has the worldwide license to design, manufacture and distribute Cat branded apparel, is extending the capabilities of its PLM system by adding ERP and Supply Chain Management (SCM) software.
The suite of tools from NGC will provide a strategic platform for SRI's rapidly growing business, and will help improve workflows, productivity and speed to market.
The integration between NGC's PLM, SCM and ERP solutions provides an "immediate benefit" for SRI.
"For us, this will be a big efficiency gain," said John Curtis, project manager, SRI. "Information will flow from the PLM and SCM systems into the ERP and out into the warehouse management system, which will eliminate the need to manually re-enter data."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
Turkish apparel manufacturer Kardem has selected YuniquePLM V6 to streamline its operations by enhancing speed and quality across its global supply chain....
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Fashion meets function with end-to-end solutions
- Vietnam garment exports slow as orders stall
- Nike digital direction pushes speed and innovation
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- Natural plant dyed eco-friendly cellulosic yarns