US: Cat apparel licensee SRl extends PLM capabilities
Global apparel company SRI, which has the worldwide license to design, manufacture and distribute Cat branded apparel, is extending the capabilities of its PLM system by adding ERP and Supply Chain Management (SCM) software.
The suite of tools from NGC will provide a strategic platform for SRI's rapidly growing business, and will help improve workflows, productivity and speed to market.
The integration between NGC's PLM, SCM and ERP solutions provides an "immediate benefit" for SRI.
"For us, this will be a big efficiency gain," said John Curtis, project manager, SRI. "Information will flow from the PLM and SCM systems into the ERP and out into the warehouse management system, which will eliminate the need to manually re-enter data."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
Turkish apparel manufacturer Kardem has selected YuniquePLM V6 to streamline its operations by enhancing speed and quality across its global supply chain....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- China remains powerhouse for footwear sourcing
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Transparency index to expand to 100 brands
- Gap joins Better Cotton Initiative
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020