US: CEO Gregory Scott leaves Bebe Stores
Gregory Scott, chief executive officer at women's wear retailer Bebe Stores Inc has left "to pursue other interests" the company said on Friday (9 January).
Manny Mashouf, Bebe's founder and chairman, will take over the role, with Cynthia Cohen appointed as the board's lead independent director.
Bebe, which operates 312 stores under names such as Bebe, Bebe Sport and 2b Bebe, last week reported a 12.7% drop in second-quarter sales, with same-store sales down 20.1%.
The retailer also lowered its quarterly earnings forecast to a range of $0.05 to $0.0 9 per share, down from earlier guidance for earnings between $0.12 and $0.16 per share.
While many specialty retailers have recently been shedding concepts, Dress Barn seems to think there's something to be gained from adding struggling fashion chain Tween Brands to its portfolio. Leonie...
Same-store sales at Gap Inc fell 10% in June, the US' largest specialty clothing retailer said today (9 July), dragged down by declines across its four divisions....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' June 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
UK sportswear retailer JJB Sports Plc today (6 July) confirmed it hopes to raise GBP50m (US$80.6m) to fund its turnaround plan - as it emerged the company's executive chairman had received a GBP1.5m p...
Athletic shoe and apparel retailer The Finish Line Inc has completed the deal to offload its unprofitable Man Alive urban apparel business to the owner and operator of the Jimmy Jazz stores....
Aggressive sales and marketing activities helped cut-price apparel retailer Uniqlo to boost its same store sales in Japan by 6.4% in June, the company announced....
Athletic shoe and apparel retailer The Finish Line Inc on Thursday (25 June) posted a first quarter loss, largely due to a poor performance at the struggling Man Alive chain which it decided to exit e...
Women's wear chain Christopher & Banks Corporation has reported an 85.5% drop in first quarter profit after same-store sales dived by nearly a quarter....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack