USA: CertainTeed Corporation Announces Expiration of Hart-Scott-Rodino Waiting Period
CertainTeed Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Compagnie de Saint-Gobain (Paris, France), today announced that the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 has expired as of midnight New York City time on May 10, 2000. The waiting period refers to the time during which the U.S. government could request additional information or documents with respect to the proposed acquisition by CertainTeed of Brunswick Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: BTIC). The expiration of the Hart-Scott-Rodino waiting period has satisfied one of the conditions to the completion of the acquisition.As previously announced, CertainTeed commenced a tender offer on April 20, 2000 for all of the outstanding shares of BTI at a price of $8.00 per share, in cash. This price represents a premium of approximately 46% over BTI's closing price on Friday, April 14, 2000, the last trading day before CertainTeed announced its acquisition proposal. Vetrotex CertainTeed Corporation, CertainTeed's fiber glass reinforcements business, currently owns about 14% of the outstanding shares of BTI.Lehman Brothers Inc. is financial advisor to CertainTeed Corporation and Compagnie de Saint-Gobain and Dealer Manager for the offer and Innisfree M&A Incorporated is acting as Information Agent for the offer.CertainTeed Corporation is a leading manufacturer of roofing; vinyl and fiber cement siding; vinyl windows; vinyl fencing, deck and railing; ventilation products; piping products; fiber glass insulation; and fiber glass products for reinforcing plastics and other materials. The company is headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, and has more than 7,000 employees and 45 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States.This release may contain some forward-looking statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020