USA: CertainTeed Corporation Announces Expiration of Hart-Scott-Rodino Waiting Period
As previously announced, CertainTeed commenced a tender offer on April 20, 2000 for all of the outstanding shares of BTI at a price of $8.00 per share, in cash. This price represents a premium of approximately 46% over BTI's closing price on Friday, April 14, 2000, the last trading day before CertainTeed announced its acquisition proposal. Vetrotex CertainTeed Corporation, CertainTeed's fiber glass reinforcements business, currently owns about 14% of the outstanding shares of BTI.
Lehman Brothers Inc. is financial advisor to CertainTeed Corporation and Compagnie de Saint-Gobain and Dealer Manager for the offer and Innisfree M&A Incorporated is acting as Information Agent for the offer.
CertainTeed Corporation is a leading manufacturer of roofing; vinyl and fiber cement siding; vinyl windows; vinyl fencing, deck and railing; ventilation products; piping products; fiber glass insulation; and fiber glass products for reinforcing plastics and other materials. The company is headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, and has more than 7,000 employees and 45 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States.
This release may contain some forward-looking statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Bangladesh workers call for union registration
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective