SCOTLAND: Changes Afoot For Dawson International?
Moves could soon be afoot at Scottish-based cashmere company, Dawson International. The Guinness Peat Group, which has a 21 per cent stake in the company, is currently carrying out a due diligence process on Dawson International. A consortium of Italian investors led by Carlo Gancia, with a 27 per cent stake in Dawson, has put forward plans to promote its flagship Ballantyne brand on a wider international level. Meanwhile, Italian-based fashion house, Prada, has also not ruled out a future move on Dawson International. Prada has a track record of buying top luxury brands. It bought Church's shoes in September last year and reached an agreement in September to buy a major stake in the fashion house of Tunisian-born fashion designer, Azzedine Alaia. Dawson International's Ballantyne and Barrie cashmere brands are worn by celebrities all over the world.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Bangladesh apparel sector faces up to challenges
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Gap working to rebuild and gain market share
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US Q4 in brief – American Eagle Outfitters
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- Myanmar forms new minimum wage committee
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022