SCOTLAND: Changes Afoot For Dawson International?
Moves could soon be afoot at Scottish-based cashmere company, Dawson International. The Guinness Peat Group, which has a 21 per cent stake in the company, is currently carrying out a due diligence process on Dawson International. A consortium of Italian investors led by Carlo Gancia, with a 27 per cent stake in Dawson, has put forward plans to promote its flagship Ballantyne brand on a wider international level. Meanwhile, Italian-based fashion house, Prada, has also not ruled out a future move on Dawson International. Prada has a track record of buying top luxury brands. It bought Church's shoes in September last year and reached an agreement in September to buy a major stake in the fashion house of Tunisian-born fashion designer, Azzedine Alaia. Dawson International's Ballantyne and Barrie cashmere brands are worn by celebrities all over the world.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020