US: Charlotte Russe chairman retires
Mall-based women's retailer Charlotte Russe Holding has announced that its chairman Bernard Zeichner plans to retire from its board effective 1 June, to be replaced by Jennifer Salopek as its new chairman.
Zeichner joined Charlotte Russe as president and CEO in May 1996, when the company was a 37 store regional chain.
He was appointed chairman of the board when the company went public in October 1999.
Mark Hoffman, chief executive officer of Charlotte Russe, said: "On behalf of the board of directors and all of our employees, we are extremely appreciative of the significant long term contributions Bernie has made to Charlotte Russe. We wish Bernie well in all future endeavors and express our sincere gratitude for his leadership and strategic involvement over the past 12 years.
"At the same time, I want to congratulate Jennifer Salopek on her appointment to chairman of the board. We value her retail and strategic consulting experience as we move forward in refining and implementing our long term objectives."
Salopek has previously served as executive vice president of strategy with Tommy Hilfiger Corporation.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Marks & Spencer will open its first store in mainland China on Thursday (2 October), hoping to shore up flagging sales at home with new sales in one of the world's fastest growing fashion markets. But...
Suit retailer Moss Bros Group, which earlier in the year vetted a GBP40m (US$79m) acquisition bid from Icelandic investor Baugur Group, has reshuffled its board of directors....
Limited Brands Inc, operator of the Victoria's Secret, Pink and La Senza chains, has posted a 61.4% drop in second quarter profit, but says it is pleased with its performance "in this challenging econ...
High street retailer British Home Stores (Bhs) has awarded DHL Exel Supply Chain a new GBP3.6m (US$6.73m) contract over three years to provide its logistics e-fulfilment warehousing services throughou...
Women's apparel retailer New York & Company Inc has hired Sarah Elsom Eustis from Polo Ralph Lauren as its new executive vice president of design....
As part of a number of senior management changes at fashion chain Charlotte Russe Inc, chief executive officer Len Mogil is to take on the additional position of interim chief financial officer follow...
Express delivery firm DHL has announced double-digit growth in the volume of textile and fashion industry shipments it is handling to and from Colombia....
Third quarter profit at Charlotte Russe Holding Inc has fallen 34.6% on lower sales, but the value-priced teen apparel retailer managed to deliver earnings at the low end of its guidance....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022