US: Charlotte Russe to go private in $380m deal
Teen and young women's wear retailer Charlotte Russe Holding is to be acquired and taken private by private equity firm Advent International Corporation, for a total of $380m.
Under the terms of the merger agreement, an affiliate of Advent will purchase for cash all of the outstanding shares of Charlotte Russe at a price of $17.50 per share.
The transaction represents a premium of 255% over Charlotte Russe's closing share price on 21 January 2009, the day it first announced exploring strategic alternatives.
The Charlotte Russe board has unanimously approved the merger agreement, and recommended that stockholders tender their shares.
Jennifer Salopek, chairman of Charlotte Russe, said: "After careful consideration of a full range of strategic alternatives, including an extensive, publicly announced sale process, we are pleased to have reached this agreement with Advent, which creates substantial value for our stockholders."
David Mussafer, a managing partner at Advent, said: "We are excited to purchase Charlotte Russe and to work with former Old Navy president Jenny Ming, an Advent operating partner, to build on the foundation established by the management team."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Having delivered apparel and footwear industry news for the past decade, just-style takes a reflective look through its archives to highlight ten key themes that have helped shape the apparel industry...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc today (4 February) posted a 5% rise in both total and same-store sales in January, with growth seen across all its brands....
Department store retailer Sears Holdings has opened up its website to third-party sellers, including competitors, as part of a new online mall called Sears Marketplace....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' December 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022