US: Charming Shoppes appoints Crystal as Lane Bryant marketing head
Charming Shoppes announced today (18 January) that Elizabeth Crystal will join plus size retailer Lane Bryant as senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
In the role, Crystal will develop and lead the company's brand positioning, marketing and advertising strategies for the Lane Bryant and Cacique banners. She will also work to expand the brand's presence.
The company said she will work to "anticipate and exceed" the customer's expectations of the Lane Bryant brand and image, to manage all creative, print, public relations and social mediaand to co-develop the in-store presentation across all formats.
Crystal was previously senior vice president, worldwide marketing for Revlon and Almay Colour Cosmetics. She has also held roles with Buena Vista, Frito-Lay, Edelman Public Relations Worldwide and NBC.
"Let me say how delighted I am to welcome Liz to Lane Bryant. She is an ideal choice to lead our overall brand and strategic marketing efforts, and will be an important addition to our leadership team. She brings a wealth of experience in marketing, advertising and brand positioning, and is a seasoned executive with the skills and experience to help drive marketing and brand strategy," said group president Brian Woolf.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group expects to save 7,500 jobs at its soon-to-be-shuttered Fashion Bug stores, according to reports....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include news that Bangladesh garment factory owners refusing to reopen factories in the Ashulia industrial zone, new research shows Belarus, Ukraine, Mold...
Ascena Retail Group has completed its acquisition of US plus-size women's wear retailer Charming Shoppes, and is working towards shedding the Fashion Bug and Figi's brands. ...
Women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has completed its tender offer for shares of Charming Shoppes Inc, and says plus-size apparel specialist, and says it expects complete its merger with the plu...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective