USA: Charming Shoppes Axes 207 Stores
Retail giant Charming Shoppes Inc is to axe one of its plus-sized women's clothing chains and 207 stores in a move that will see it take a $37.5 million fourth-quarter pre-tax restructuring charge.
In a statement released, the company said it intends to focus on building its more productive Lane Bryant chain and as a result will close the 77 outlets in the Added Dimensions/Answer chain, along with 130 under-performing Fashion Bug stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective