US: Charming Shoppes names two new brand presidents
US retailer Charming Shoppes has appointed Carol L Williams as president of the company's Catherines Plus Sizes brand and Jeffrey A Elliott as president of Charming Outlets, with both appointments effective immediately.
Williams has served in various retail-industry executive and merchandising positions over the past three decades, the company said. Most recently, she served as the president of May Department Stores International from 2002 to 2006.
Elliott, meanwhile, has served Charming Shoppes as senior vice president and general merchandise manager of Charming Outlets since 2006. Previously, he worked with Lane Bryant as vice president and general merchandise manager of Casual Sportswear, and, earlier in his career, was a buyer at Fashion Bug.
Alan Rosskamm, interim CEO and chairman of the board of directors of Charming Shoppes, said: "We are extremely pleased to welcome Carol Williams as the president of our Catherines brand. Her experience in women's specialty apparel as a leader and entrepreneur with a customer-centric focus makes her an important addition to the Charming Shoppes team.
"It is also with great pleasure that we have announced the promotion of Jeff Elliott as the president of our Charming Outlets division. Jeff has done a tremendous job with the launch and development of our outlets business, and we congratulate him on his accomplishments."
In July, Brian Woolf joined Charming Shoppes as president of the Lane Bryant brand, and last month Jay Levitt became president of its Fashion Bug brand.
Rosskamm added: "As the Interim chief executive officer of Charming Shoppes, my priorities have included the recruitment of experienced and empowered brand leaders, which we have now completed."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Faced with slowing sales in Western markets, lingerie firms are increasingly focusing on emerging markets like Russia and Asia for growth. According to new research, both China and India are likely to...
Women's plus-size apparel retailer Charming Shoppes Inc has named James P (Jim) Fogarty as president and chief executive officer and a member of the company's board of directors....
Restructuring charges and lower sales have weighed on plus-size women's wear retailer Charming Shoppes Inc, which today (18 March) posted a wider fourth quarter loss and said it is closing its Figure ...
Retailer Charming Shoppes has announced the appointment of Visa Vei as president - Asia, overseeing the company's multi-country sourcing operations....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts