USA: Charming Shoppes Q1 Profit Tops $16 Million
Leading retailer of large-size women's fashions, Charming Shoppes Inc, said on Monday its first quarter net profit almost doubled from the year-ago period as higher spring merchandise sales at its Lane Bryant unit cancelled out rising business costs. The Pennsylvania-based company, which runs the Fashion Bug and Lane Bryant chains, said in a statement its net income surged to $16.3 million, or 14 cents a share, from $8.4m, or eight cents a share, in the year prior quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth