US: Charming Shoppes restructures marketing functions
Charming Shoppes has appointed a marketing boss and consolidated the management of its marketing functions for its retail brands, through the creation of a corporate marketing group in Bensalem, PA.
The company said that Tim White has been promoted to executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Charming Shoppes. He will oversee the corporate marketing group, as well as the strategic direction of marketing for Charming Shoppes' retail brands.
A statement said that the corporate marketing group will service the company's Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Catherines Plus Sizes, and Outlet businesses in functional areas such as production, media buying, customer relationship management, and database marketing. Each of the company's retail businesses will have dedicated brand managers who will have functional reporting accountability to the consolidated group in Bensalem.
White joined Charming Shoppes in 2006 as senior vice president, marketing, and will continue to report to Dorrit J. Bern, chairman, CEO and president of charming Shoppes.
Bern said: "I am pleased to congratulate Tim on his expanded role. Tim's appointment creates a single point of oversight and direction over the retail marketing functions for the corporation, enabling effective and consistent communications with our customer base."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Retail chain Charming Shoppes is to elect two committee nominees as part of a deal to resolve the proxy contest relating to the company's 2008 shareholder meeting next month....
Executives at women's wear retailer Charming Shoppes are girding themselves for a battle with dissident shareholders at a crunch meeting later this week....
Charming Shoppes Inc is to explore strategic options for its non-core misses apparel catalogue titles so that it can focus on its core Lane Bryant, Catherines and Fashion Bug brands....
Apparel retailer Charming Shoppes reported a net loss before extraordinary gain of $87.7m for the 2007 fiscal year, due to one-time charges, a decline in gross margins and negative expense leverage on...
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022