US: Charming Shoppes strengthens global sourcing team
Women's plus-size apparel retailer Charming Shoppes Inc has strengthened its global sourcing team through the addition of four brand sourcing executives to the organisation.
The sourcing executives are charged with developing sourcing strategies for the Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Catherines and Lane Bryant Outlet stores, and will work with the company's head of global sourcing and brand teams to carry them out.
"Improving our global sourcing - our strategies, our execution, and accelerating our drive for superior product value, while improving 'like for like' cost of goods sold savings across all of our brands - has been one of my key initiatives for our organisation," said Jim Fogarty, company president and CEO.
The hirings include:
- Roland Medrano, senior vice president, sourcing, Lane Bryant, who joins from Gear for Sports where he was senior vice president of supply chain for six years;
- Larry Burak, senior vice president, sourcing, Fashion Bug, who was most recently senior vice president, chief operating officer with Warnaco Swimwear Group;
- Donna Perri, vice president, sourcing, Catherines, who joins from Talbots where she was most recently vice president of global sourcing for all woven categories for the Talbots Brand and Premium Outlets; and
- John Gambino, vice president, sourcing, Lane Bryant Outlet, whose most recent role was global sourcing/manufacturing and product development director at Liz Claiborne.
Swimwear giant The Warnaco Group is snapping up distributor operations in popular markets for its Calvin Klein operations, it told investors this week....
Apparel company The Warnaco Group has appointed former Hugo Boss executive Hans Schmitt to the post of managing director, Europe....
Apparel retailer The Talbots has announced that its board of directors has appointed two new members, Marjorie L Bowen and Andrew H Madsen. ...
Women's wear retailer The Talbots Inc has swung to a fourth quarter profit after cost cuts and more sales of its garments at full-price offset lower revenues....
Women's plus-size apparel retailer Charming Shoppes Inc has appointed Bruce J Klatsky, the former CEO of Calvin Klein owner Phillips-Van Heusen Corp, to its board of directors....
Women's wear retailer The Talbots has completed its merger deal with BPW Acquisition Corp as well as paying off all outstanding debts to former majority shareholder, Aeon....
French lingerie firm Lejaby is to close three of its manufacturing plants in France with the loss of 197 jobs, as it seeks to relocate more production abroad in order to cut costs....
The CEO of women's plus-size apparel retailer Charming Shoppes Inc has described efforts to turn the business around as "a work in progress" after it managed to narrow both fourth quarter and full-yea...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"