USA: Charming Shoppes Turns Profit For Q3
The Pennsylvania-based company, which operates 2257 stores across the United States, attributed the upturn to improved profit margins and better-than-expected cost reductions.
Sales for the quarter, however, fell two per cent year-on-year to $530.3m, while same-store sales remained flat.
"Although our results for the third quarter included negative comparable store sales results at Lane Bryant, we have seen improvement, quarter over quarter, and remain focused on continuing our progress in merchandise assortments," CEO Dorrit Bern said.
The company trades under store names Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Fashion Bug Plus and Catherine's Plus Sizes.
Companies: Charming Shoppes
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fashion retailer Charming Shoppes said it boosted full-year and fourth-quarter 2005 income and sales, driven by good trading at its Lane Bryant and Catherines Plus Sizes brands,...
Women's plus-size apparel company Charming Shoppes has forecasted increased sales and earnings outlook for the upcoming financial year....
Women's retailer Charming Shoppes has appointed a new group divisional president and a subsidiary president....
Plus-size women's apparel retailer Charming Shoppes is to set up 75 outlet stores under its Lane Bryant brand after signing a lease agreement with Retail Brand Alliance....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' November sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Large-size apparel retailer Charming Shoppes has enjoyed a 69 per cent jump in third-quarter profit on higher same-store sales....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' September sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022