UK: Cheap Imports Squeeze Nil Simile Out Of Business
Another Leicester manufacturer bites the dust, thanks largely to the availability of cheap imports.Nil Simile has gone into voluntary liquidation. The company has ceased manufacture but is still open and selling off remaining stock. Nil Simile made fashionable ladies shoes and specialised in very narrow to very wide fittings.A company representative said that the firm would pay all creditors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth