Cherokee acquires lifestyle brand Everyday California
Cherokee Global Brands has acquired casual lifestyle brand Everyday California from owners and founders Michael Samer and Christopher Lynch.
As part of the acquisition, which closed on 14 May, Samer and Lynch will retain ownership and continue to grow their flagship store in La Jolla, California, through a licensing agreement with Cherokee. The pair will also become global brand ambassadors, leveraging Cherokee’s existing design, marketing, and supply chain infrastructure to expand the brand’s presence internationally.
"We are very excited to be adding Everyday California to our portfolio of style-focused lifestyle brands," said Henry Stupp, CEO of Cherokee Global Brands. "Everyday California’s global potential made the acquisition a perfect fit for Cherokee Global Brands. Many great active lifestyle brands have been born in California, and we are confident that together with Mike and Chris we can take an already strong brand and make it even more successful."
Everyday California will be formally introduced to the licensing community under the Cherokee Global Brands awning at the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas from 9-11 June.
Chico's says its digital commerce and chief marketing officer, Miki Berardelli, is leaving as part of a realignment by the US women's wear retailer to cut costs and place the "decision makers" directl...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack