US: Cherokee adds Middle East to Arvind deal
Fashion brand licensor and management company Cherokee has amended its agreement with Arvind Retail Limited to include the Middle East.
Its running deal with the Indian distributor will included the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
J Suresh, CEO of Arvind Retail Limited, said: "We believe we have tremendous opportunities in front of us for the Cherokee brand. The consumer demand is growing daily throughout India. With our resources and relationships, it is our goal to successfully leverage our business and develop the Cherokee brand in various categories and multiple channels of distribution. Our plan is to make Cherokee the largest family brand throughout India and the Middle East."
Larry Sass, EVP, Cherokee, said: "We greatly respect our relationship with Arvind. With the commitment of Suresh and his other senior executives, we look forward to significant and ongoing growth of the Cherokee brand in India and the Middle East over the next several years. Arvind’s design, merchandising and manufacturing expertise, coupled with their retail and wholesale network within these markets, will allow us to further develop our world branding strategy."
Falling revenues and increased costs have seen Cherokee report a fall in net income for the second quarter to US$2.5m from $2.9m a year ago....
Global licensed apparel business Cherokee has signed up Henry Stupp as the company's new CEO and a member of its board of directors....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022