US: Cherokee appoints Tworecke to board
Tworecke, who has nearly 40 years retail and apparel management experience, has also served as president and COO for department store retailer Bon-Ton Stores and previously president and COO at JoS A Bank Clothiers. He has also held various executive and merchandising roles at apparel firms Oxford Blue Sweater and Lord & Taylor.
He will replace Dave Mullen, who has retired.
Tworecke's "strong apparel and marketing background, combined with his proven ability to drive strategic initiatives for leading retail organisations will be an invaluable asset to the board," said Jess Ravich, Cherokee group chairman.
While, Tworecke added: "The Cherokee Group has an enormous opportunity to expand its direct-to-retail business model as it continues to broaden its global reach."
Tworecke currently serves on the board of Grafton-Fraser, a Canadian men's wear retailer.
Retailers posted mixed December sales results as many were forced to discount heavily to drive sales in the weekend prior to Christmas, in the hope of making up for weaker sales earlier in the month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2012 sales results....
The CEO of apparel giant PVH has backed Warnaco's plans to turn around the Calvin Klein Jeans and underwear businesses, a company it is set to take over next year in a deal worth US$2.9bn....
PVH's acquisition of Warnaco will have the obvious benefit of uniting the Calvin Klein brand, but PVH chairman and CEO Emanuel Chirico also emphasised the potential to leverage Warnaco's strong platfo...
US department store retailer Bon Ton Stores has agreed to pay a fine of US$450,000 for failing to tell the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CSPC) that it was selling children's hooded jackets an...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015