US: Cherokee appoints Tworecke to board
Tworecke, who has nearly 40 years retail and apparel management experience, has also served as president and COO for department store retailer Bon-Ton Stores and previously president and COO at JoS A Bank Clothiers. He has also held various executive and merchandising roles at apparel firms Oxford Blue Sweater and Lord & Taylor.
He will replace Dave Mullen, who has retired.
Tworecke's "strong apparel and marketing background, combined with his proven ability to drive strategic initiatives for leading retail organisations will be an invaluable asset to the board," said Jess Ravich, Cherokee group chairman.
While, Tworecke added: "The Cherokee Group has an enormous opportunity to expand its direct-to-retail business model as it continues to broaden its global reach."
Tworecke currently serves on the board of Grafton-Fraser, a Canadian men's wear retailer.
Retailers posted mixed December sales results as many were forced to discount heavily to drive sales in the weekend prior to Christmas, in the hope of making up for weaker sales earlier in the month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2012 sales results....
The CEO of apparel giant PVH has backed Warnaco's plans to turn around the Calvin Klein Jeans and underwear businesses, a company it is set to take over next year in a deal worth US$2.9bn....
PVH's acquisition of Warnaco will have the obvious benefit of uniting the Calvin Klein brand, but PVH chairman and CEO Emanuel Chirico also emphasised the potential to leverage Warnaco's strong platfo...
US department store retailer Bon Ton Stores has agreed to pay a fine of US$450,000 for failing to tell the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CSPC) that it was selling children's hooded jackets an...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)