US: Cherokee launches brand in China
Brand management company Cherokee has completed its launch of the Cherokee Brand in China with RT Mart Stores.
RT Mart, a division of textile firm Ruentex Industries, operates 134 stores in China.
Peter Huang, CEO & president of RT Mart, said: “We have launched the Cherokee Brand with much success and based on initial results, there is tremendous potential for category and product expansion. In addition, as we continue with our plan to open more stores throughout China, Cherokee will become one of the larger family lifestyle brands in our country. We look forward to working closely with the Cherokee team and share much success together.”
Larry Sass, executive vice president of Cherokee, said: “Our launch in China with RT Mart is a watershed occasion for our company. We will continue to diligently work together with RT Mart and build on our initial successes.”
Cherokee first announced the license deal with RT in November last year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Brand management company Cherokee Inc says it is "disappointed" after fourth quarter profits tumbled by 98% after being hit by lower sales and costs related to management restructuring and the departu...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts