USA: Cherokee Reports Annual Meeting Results
Cherokee Inc. (Nasdaq:CHKE), one of the leading licensors of brand names for apparel, footwear and accessories, today announced that shareholders at the Company's Annual Meeting of Shareholders held yesterday re-elected four of the current directors on the board and approved the nomination of Dave Mullen as a new board member. The five member board of directors consists of: Robert Margolis, 52, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer; Timothy Ewing, 39, Managing Partner of Ewing & Partners and Manager of Value Partners, Ltd., a Texas based private investment partnership; Jess Ravich, 42, Chief Executive Officer of U.S. Bancorp Libra, a division of U.S. Bancorp Investments, Inc.; Keith Hull, 47, President of Avondale Fabrics and Corporate Vice President of its parent, Avondale Mills, Inc., a diversified manufacturer of textile; and Dave Mullen, 65, retired, the former President and CEO of Robinsons-May. The Company noted that Douglas Weitman, 56, Chief Executive Officer of Security Textile Corporation, a privately owned manufacturer of apparel and textile related products, has resigned from Cherokee's board to pursue other business opportunities. Cherokee Inc., based in Van Nuys, California, is a marketer, licensor and manager of a variety of brands it owns or represents and is continuing its negotiations for domestic and international licensing contracts covering multiple categories of merchandise. Cherokee currently has licensing agreements in many categories, including family apparel, fashion accessories, as well as luggage, cosmetics and footwear.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report