US: Cherokee will take pay-off to withdraw from Mossimo buy
Brand licensor Cherokee said it would withdraw its takeover offer for the Mossimo brand if rival bidder Iconix pays it US$33m in cash.
Iconix has accepted Cherokee's offer, and the transaction now rests on Iconix's acquisition of the brand, which it expects to close in the third quarter.
Cherokee is expected to treat the payment as one-time revenues in the quarter in which it is received.
Iconix originally offered a bid of US$7.50 per share for the Mossimo fashion label. This was soon beaten by Cherokee's own offer of $8.50 per share.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel licensor Mossimo has signed a confidentiality deal with suitor Cherokee allowing it to access information needed to decide whether to accept Cherokee's US$135m offer to buy the company....
Brand licensor Cherokee is set to take over the Mossimo business for US$8.50 per share after it beat the Iconix group's recent offer to buy the brand for $7.50 per share....
Leading brand licensor Cherokee has reported what it said was a "record year" for the company, and said it was "particularly pleased" with the growth of its global revenues....
Department store group Target has extended its retail licence agreement with licensor and brand management company Cherokee until January 2008....
Global licensor and brand management company Cherokee Inc has signed an international license agreement with South African store group Pick'n Pay Retailers....
Apparel marketer Cherokee has posted a third-quarter pre-tax income rise, as retail sales grew in the company's four largest accounts....
UK supermarket giant Tesco is suffering from the recent restrictions placed on EU imports of Chinese goods, but will continue to rely on China as an increasingly important clothing supplier....
Iconix Brand Group has signed a licensing deal for its Joe Boxer brand with Mexican apparel company Grupo Aviara....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts