UK: Chester Barrie Manufacturer Sees Business Grow
Two former directors of Austin Reed who rescued the manufacturing units of men's wear tailor Chester Barrie say they are planning to expand the business. Chester Barrie, one of the longest-established names in British men's tailoring, was forced to call in the receiver earlier this year. Apparel retailer Speciality Retail Group (SRG) bought the Chester Barrie brand, while Colin Evans, former managing director of Chester Barrie, and Ainslie Penson, his sales director, set the remaining business up as the Cheshire Clothing Company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores