UK: Chester by Chester Barrie production taken in-house
Savile Row tailoring business Chester Barrie is to bring the production of its Chester by Chester Barrie diffusion line in-house as part of plans to grow the brand internationally.
From spring/summer 2010, the range will be manufactured and distributed by the brand's owner, Prominent Europe, ending a six-year license agreement with Berwin & Berwin.
Nigel Lugg, chief executive of Prominent Europe says the company wants to build on the line's success by "increasing its profile, expanding its distribution and extending the spread of products under the Chester Barrie brand."
Launched in the UK in 2004, Chester by Chester Barrie is sold in a number of department stores and high street businesses.
Prominent Europe has offices in Spain and France as well as the UK, working with many of the Continent's leading high street retailers.
It has a significant business in men's shirts and formalwear and has recently expanded into casualwear and women's wear.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar