USA: Chico's FAS Announces July Sales Increases
Chico's FAS Inc (Nasdaq: CHCS) today announced July sales results for the four week period ended July 29, 2000. Total sales for the four week period ended July 29, 2000 increased 58.4 per cent to $16.7 million from $10.6 million reported for the four week period ended July 31, 1999. Comparable store sales for the Company-owned stores increased 28.4 per cent for the four week period ended July 29, 2000. Total sales for the second quarter ended July 29, 2000 increased 64.7 per cent to $60.6 million from $36.8 million for the same period a year ago. Comparable store sales for the company-owned stores increased 34.3 per cent for the thirteen week period. For the twenty-six weeks ended July 29, 2000, total sales increased 60.2 per cent to $117.3 million from $73.2 million for the same period in 1999. Comparable store sales for the company-owned stores increased 32.7 per cent for the twenty-six week period. Chico's sells exclusively designed, private-label women's casual clothing and related accessories. The company operates a chain of 217 stores in 38 states and the District of Columbia. The company owns 207 stores, franchisees own 10. For additional information on Chico's FAS Inc go to
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report