USA: Chico's FAS Announces July Sales Increases
Chico's FAS Inc (Nasdaq: CHCS) today announced July sales results for the four week period ended July 29, 2000. Total sales for the four week period ended July 29, 2000 increased 58.4 per cent to $16.7 million from $10.6 million reported for the four week period ended July 31, 1999. Comparable store sales for the Company-owned stores increased 28.4 per cent for the four week period ended July 29, 2000. Total sales for the second quarter ended July 29, 2000 increased 64.7 per cent to $60.6 million from $36.8 million for the same period a year ago. Comparable store sales for the company-owned stores increased 34.3 per cent for the thirteen week period. For the twenty-six weeks ended July 29, 2000, total sales increased 60.2 per cent to $117.3 million from $73.2 million for the same period in 1999. Comparable store sales for the company-owned stores increased 32.7 per cent for the twenty-six week period. Chico's sells exclusively designed, private-label women's casual clothing and related accessories. The company operates a chain of 217 stores in 38 states and the District of Columbia. The company owns 207 stores, franchisees own 10. For additional information on Chico's FAS Inc go to
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar