USA: Chico's FAS Announces July Sales Increases
Chico's FAS Inc (Nasdaq: CHCS) today announced July sales results for the four week period ended July 29, 2000. Total sales for the four week period ended July 29, 2000 increased 58.4 per cent to $16.7 million from $10.6 million reported for the four week period ended July 31, 1999. Comparable store sales for the Company-owned stores increased 28.4 per cent for the four week period ended July 29, 2000. Total sales for the second quarter ended July 29, 2000 increased 64.7 per cent to $60.6 million from $36.8 million for the same period a year ago. Comparable store sales for the company-owned stores increased 34.3 per cent for the thirteen week period. For the twenty-six weeks ended July 29, 2000, total sales increased 60.2 per cent to $117.3 million from $73.2 million for the same period in 1999. Comparable store sales for the company-owned stores increased 32.7 per cent for the twenty-six week period. Chico's sells exclusively designed, private-label women's casual clothing and related accessories. The company operates a chain of 217 stores in 38 states and the District of Columbia. The company owns 207 stores, franchisees own 10. For additional information on Chico's FAS Inc go to
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar