USA: Chico's FAS, Inc Announces Addition to S&P SmallCap 600 Index
Chico's FAS, Inc, the womenswear retailer, (Nasdaq:CHCS) today announced it will be added to the Standard & Poor's SmallCap 600 Index after the close of trading on Thursday, August 10, 2000. "We are excited about being added to the S&P Small Cap Index," said Charles J Kleman, Chico's CFO. "This should help further the company's visability with both institutional and retail investors. This type of exposure is the result of the strong results the company's has posted during the past two years and we look to continue to build upon the strong product, management and finanical foundation that is now in place at Chico's."Chico's sells exclusively designed, private-label women's casual clothing and related accessories. The company operates a chain of 217 stores in 38 states and the District of Columbia. The company owns 207 stores, franchisees own 10. Standard & Poor's, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc, provides financial, economic and investment information and analytical services to the global financial community. S&P calculates and maintains the S&P Global 1200 Index, which includes the S&P Europe 350, the S&P/TSE 60 for Canada, the S&P 500 for the US. Over $1 trillion is indexed to S&P Indices. Founded in 1888, The McGraw-Hill Companies is a global information services provider serving the financial services, education and business information markets. Sales in 1999 were $4bn. Additional information is available at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022