US: Chico's FAS selects FlexPLM for efficiency gains
Women's wear retailer Chico's FAS has invested in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to standardise operations across all of its categories, brands and departments and enhance its ability to be first to market with the latest fashion.
The Windchill FlexPLM tool from The Product Development Company (PTC) should increase operational and inventory efficiency and reduce development time and production costs at the Chico's, White House|Black Market and Soma Intimates brands.
"We wanted software that was not only going to help us drive productivity and reduce costs, but we wanted a solution that was going to be easy to use," said Krissy Blakeway, senior vice president of Chico's design and product development.
The retail industry is currently facing a number of challenges including margin management, product costs, inventory efficiency and productivity. By implementing Windchill FlexPLM, Chico's expects to see reductions in materials costs, cycle times and product development costs.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
These days, PLM software suppliers are feeling ecstatic about the growth potential that China, India and Asia Pacific are bringing to their business - which is poised to benefit from the region's boom...
Hot Topic has announced the appointment of two executives - Don Hendricks as chief information officer and Jeff Allison as senior vice president of planning and allocation....
Plus-sized clothing retailer J Jill has appointed Scott Edmonds, the former chairman and CEO of Chico's FAS, to its board of directors....
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory