US: Chico's FAS selects FlexPLM for efficiency gains
Women's wear retailer Chico's FAS has invested in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to standardise operations across all of its categories, brands and departments and enhance its ability to be first to market with the latest fashion.
The Windchill FlexPLM tool from The Product Development Company (PTC) should increase operational and inventory efficiency and reduce development time and production costs at the Chico's, White House|Black Market and Soma Intimates brands.
"We wanted software that was not only going to help us drive productivity and reduce costs, but we wanted a solution that was going to be easy to use," said Krissy Blakeway, senior vice president of Chico's design and product development.
The retail industry is currently facing a number of challenges including margin management, product costs, inventory efficiency and productivity. By implementing Windchill FlexPLM, Chico's expects to see reductions in materials costs, cycle times and product development costs.
These days, PLM software suppliers are feeling ecstatic about the growth potential that China, India and Asia Pacific are bringing to their business - which is poised to benefit from the region's boom...
Hot Topic has announced the appointment of two executives - Don Hendricks as chief information officer and Jeff Allison as senior vice president of planning and allocation....
Plus-sized clothing retailer J Jill has appointed Scott Edmonds, the former chairman and CEO of Chico's FAS, to its board of directors....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019