US: Chico's FAS selects FlexPLM for efficiency gains
Women's wear retailer Chico's FAS has invested in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to standardise operations across all of its categories, brands and departments and enhance its ability to be first to market with the latest fashion.
The Windchill FlexPLM tool from The Product Development Company (PTC) should increase operational and inventory efficiency and reduce development time and production costs at the Chico's, White House|Black Market and Soma Intimates brands.
"We wanted software that was not only going to help us drive productivity and reduce costs, but we wanted a solution that was going to be easy to use," said Krissy Blakeway, senior vice president of Chico's design and product development.
The retail industry is currently facing a number of challenges including margin management, product costs, inventory efficiency and productivity. By implementing Windchill FlexPLM, Chico's expects to see reductions in materials costs, cycle times and product development costs.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
These days, PLM software suppliers are feeling ecstatic about the growth potential that China, India and Asia Pacific are bringing to their business - which is poised to benefit from the region's boom...
Hot Topic has announced the appointment of two executives - Don Hendricks as chief information officer and Jeff Allison as senior vice president of planning and allocation....
Plus-sized clothing retailer J Jill has appointed Scott Edmonds, the former chairman and CEO of Chico's FAS, to its board of directors....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- US Q2 in brief: G-III, Shoe Carnival, J Crew
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020