US: Chico's FAS selects FlexPLM for efficiency gains
Women's wear retailer Chico's FAS has invested in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to standardise operations across all of its categories, brands and departments and enhance its ability to be first to market with the latest fashion.
The Windchill FlexPLM tool from The Product Development Company (PTC) should increase operational and inventory efficiency and reduce development time and production costs at the Chico's, White House|Black Market and Soma Intimates brands.
"We wanted software that was not only going to help us drive productivity and reduce costs, but we wanted a solution that was going to be easy to use," said Krissy Blakeway, senior vice president of Chico's design and product development.
The retail industry is currently facing a number of challenges including margin management, product costs, inventory efficiency and productivity. By implementing Windchill FlexPLM, Chico's expects to see reductions in materials costs, cycle times and product development costs.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
These days, PLM software suppliers are feeling ecstatic about the growth potential that China, India and Asia Pacific are bringing to their business - which is poised to benefit from the region's boom...
Hot Topic has announced the appointment of two executives - Don Hendricks as chief information officer and Jeff Allison as senior vice president of planning and allocation....
Plus-sized clothing retailer J Jill has appointed Scott Edmonds, the former chairman and CEO of Chico's FAS, to its board of directors....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry