USA: Chico's Names New Chief Merchandising Officer
The operator of nearly 380 stores said in her new role, Ms Murphy will oversee product development and the buying, planning and allocation activities associated with procurement and allocation of merchandise.
Florida-based Chico's president and COO, Scott Edmonds, said: "Pat has been instrumental in Chico's growth and success. We see this promotion as an endorsement of her merchandising skills.
"Chico's has developed an outstanding management team and we believe that Pat's promotion helps assure that we remain in a strong position as we continue to build our brand. I look forward to partnering with her as we guide the company's growth."
He added the company has also promoted Lori Shaffer to vice president-merchandise controller from her former role as director of merchandising.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective