USA: Chico's Strengthens Management With New Appointments
Chico's FAS Inc (Nasdaq: CHCS) has appointed Barry Shapiro to vice President, Outlet Strategies and Gloria Guerrera to vice president, Human Resources.
"These two highly qualified individuals add dimension and strength to Chico's management team," said Marvin Gralnick, Chico's chairman and chief executive officer. Mr. Shapiro began his duties on February 12, 2001 and Ms. Guerrera will begin her duties on March 5, 2001.
Mr Shapiro most recently was senior vice president, Store and Operations of Off5th Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet. He was responsible for all aspects of the stores and operations of this 48 store $400 million division of Saks incorporated.
Ms Guerrera was most recently vice president of Human Resources with Eileen Fisher Inc. She was a member of the core executive team and reported directly to the COO and CEO.
Chico's sells exclusively designed, private-label women's casual clothing and related accessories. The company operates a chain of 250 stores in 39 states and the District of Columbia.
Companies: Saks Incorporated
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of retail group Saks Incorporated, has named Thomas Matthews group senior vice president of asset protection and operations for Saks Fifth Avenue....
Department store operator Bon-Ton Stores Inc is considering forming a buyout consortium with private equity companies in order to acquire upmarket store chain company Saks Inc, according to a report f...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of large-scale retailer Saks Incorporated, has announced plans to expand its existing 47,000 square foot Saks Fifth Avenue store in the Waterside Shops in Nap...
Department store operator Saks Inc is to close its private-label apparel business in order to focus on higher-priced designer brands....
US retail group Saks Inc says it is carrying out a more intensive investigation than initially planned into vendor payments at its Saks Fifth Avenue division....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The growing importance of Russia and the Middle East as major markets for UK fashion and accessories was highlighted at last week's presentation in London of the 2004 UK Fashion Export Awards, with Mu...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack