US: Chico's to enter Mexico through franchise deal
US women's wear retailer Chico's is to launch its namesake brand in Mexico as part of a franchise deal with department store group El Puerto de Liverpool.
The expansion will begin with a stand-alone boutique opening at Perisur Mall, Mexico City in spring. A second stand-alone boutique will open in Villahermosa, Tabasco, in addition to branded shop-in-shops in Liverpool department stores.
Liverpool also plans to roll out six namesake department store shop-in-shops during the first half of this year.
"We could not be more thrilled for the opening of the first Chico's international location in Mexico," said Cinny Murray, Chico's brand president. "I'm so excited to bring the women of Mexico fabulous Chico's fashion, and this is an incredible growth opportunity for our brand."
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape