US: Chico's to enter Mexico through franchise deal
US women's wear retailer Chico's is to launch its namesake brand in Mexico as part of a franchise deal with department store group El Puerto de Liverpool.
The expansion will begin with a stand-alone boutique opening at Perisur Mall, Mexico City in spring. A second stand-alone boutique will open in Villahermosa, Tabasco, in addition to branded shop-in-shops in Liverpool department stores.
Liverpool also plans to roll out six namesake department store shop-in-shops during the first half of this year.
"We could not be more thrilled for the opening of the first Chico's international location in Mexico," said Cinny Murray, Chico's brand president. "I'm so excited to bring the women of Mexico fabulous Chico's fashion, and this is an incredible growth opportunity for our brand."
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015