US: Chico's to enter Mexico through franchise deal
US women's wear retailer Chico's is to launch its namesake brand in Mexico as part of a franchise deal with department store group El Puerto de Liverpool.
The expansion will begin with a stand-alone boutique opening at Perisur Mall, Mexico City in spring. A second stand-alone boutique will open in Villahermosa, Tabasco, in addition to branded shop-in-shops in Liverpool department stores.
Liverpool also plans to roll out six namesake department store shop-in-shops during the first half of this year.
"We could not be more thrilled for the opening of the first Chico's international location in Mexico," said Cinny Murray, Chico's brand president. "I'm so excited to bring the women of Mexico fabulous Chico's fashion, and this is an incredible growth opportunity for our brand."
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape