US: Chico's to enter Mexico through franchise deal
US women's wear retailer Chico's is to launch its namesake brand in Mexico as part of a franchise deal with department store group El Puerto de Liverpool.
The expansion will begin with a stand-alone boutique opening at Perisur Mall, Mexico City in spring. A second stand-alone boutique will open in Villahermosa, Tabasco, in addition to branded shop-in-shops in Liverpool department stores.
Liverpool also plans to roll out six namesake department store shop-in-shops during the first half of this year.
"We could not be more thrilled for the opening of the first Chico's international location in Mexico," said Cinny Murray, Chico's brand president. "I'm so excited to bring the women of Mexico fabulous Chico's fashion, and this is an incredible growth opportunity for our brand."
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields