USA: Chief Executive To Leave Country Road
Mr Michael Warner, chief executive of Country Road's USA operation, is to leave the business with effect from 21 November 2001.
South African retailer Woolworths Holdings said in an announcement on 25 October that its Australian subsidiary Country Road was reviewing its US operations from "a strategic perspective" in the wake of September 11.
This review is ongoing and will be completed by 31 December 2001.
Companies: Woolworths Holdings Limited
The sale of Australia's Myer department store chain to venture capitalists will create a rare opportunity for its new owners to build a clothing retailer with global influence reports David Robertson....
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Australian retailer Coles Myer has sold its Myer department store chain to a consortium including Newbridge Capital and the Myer family for A$1.4bn (US$1.03bn)....
Woolworths, the Cape Town, South Africa-based retail group, is to roll out Geac's QuestPLM (product lifecycle management) solution across its entire clothing offering....
Toys to clothing to sweets retailer Woolworths yesterday revealed wider underlying losses in its first-half trading, and warned that tough trading conditions continue to take their toll on the busines...
Flagging department store chain Marks & Spencer has slipped even further down the children's wear market and now lags behind rivals Next, Asda, Tesco and Woolworths, according to a new report by marke...
Non-food sales in grocers, which includes clothing and footwear, have increased nearly 60 per cent over the past five years - but this is just the tip of the iceberg according to new research....
South Africa's top labour group is to protest against clothing retailers who buy cheap Asian imports instead of domestically produced clothing....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack