FRANCE: Children Worldwide Fashion to axe 169 jobs
Children Worldwide Fashion (CWF), which makes luxury children's apparel under license for a number of leading brands, is to axe 149 jobs out of total workforce of around 400 at its HQ in Herbiers, in western France, as part of a restructuring programme.
A further 20 temporary posts are also set to be cut.
CWF, whose principal shareholder is Belgian group Artal, posted a turnover of EUR150m in 2010. It has a global workforce of 900.
It's no secret that China continues to steal the bulk of the world's luxury apparel and goods sales, accounting for some 50% of the total. But with China's growth rate forecast to slow in 2016, luxury...
China's reputation as one of the most attractive emerging consumer markets has come under pressure in recent months, with jitters around its slowing retail growth combined with a series of profit warn...
Despite seeing a slowdown in first quarter sales growth in a "more challenging external environment," luxury fashion and accessories brand Burberry is focusing on the positives - including "enormous" ...
Designer department store chain Lane Crawford has announced two newly-created senior management appointments to drive the company's omni-channel growth strategy....
The latest figures issued by the Colombian government show that in 2011, the country's exports of textiles and clothing totalled almost US$1.41bn, an increase of 8% on the previous year. ...
Discounter Target Corp and luxury retailer Neiman Marcus are joining forces for the first time to launch a limited-edition collection of products this holiday season....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack