ITALY: Children's Footwear Brand Primigi Acquired By Imac
Although full details of the takeover have not been revealed, it is thought that Primigi was valued at just under half this year's expected turnover. Acquired by UBS Capital in 1995, the company recorded revenues of around L90 billion in 2000, and this is expected to generate around L100 billion in 2001.
Imac produces footwear for various names and exports a large proportion of its output to Germany. It reported a turnover in the region of L100 billion last year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts