USA: Children's Place Buys 23 Canadian Stores
Of the stores, 12 are located in Quebec and 11 in Ontario, and all will be converted into The Children's Place stores.
The company said it also plans to open an additional seven stores in Canada by year-end, and has leased a 30,000 square foot distribution centre in Mississauga, Ontario.
"This acquisition gives The Children's Place the foundation to expand up to 125 stores in the Canadian market," commented Ezra Dabah, chairman and chief executive officer.
In addition, Lesya McQueen has been appointed as vice president of Canadian operations. Ms McQueen most recently served as vice president of music retailer HMV North America.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020