US: Children's Place names Baginski CFO
Children's clothing retailer The Children's Place Retail Stores has today (25 April) appointed Steven Baginski as chief financial officer.
Last year, the company announced the departure of its executive vice president of finance and administration, Susan Riley.
"Steve is a seasoned financial executive with a deep knowledge of the retail apparel business," said Jane Elfers, president and CEO.
"In addition to his strong financial background, he has extensive experience in IT, logistics and procurement which makes him a great asset as we continue our focus on operational excellence."
Top stories on just-style this week include a call for Bangladesh to improve productivity, the sale of American Eagle's 77kids brand, and a report on factors influencing future cotton prices....
Children's wear retailer The Children's Place today (16 August) saw its second-quarter losses widen as higher costs of merchandise hurt the business....
US teen clothing retailer American Eagle Outfitters has sold its loss-making children's business 77kids to Ezra Dabah, the former CEO of The Children's Place, for an undisclosed amount....
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined