US: Children's pyjamas in flammability risk recall
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has recalled some 1,100 children's pyjamas because they did not meet the federal flammability standards, posing the risk of burn injuries.
The children's pyjamas, which were supplied by My Clothes of Montgomery, Alabama and manufactured in China, included a long-sleeved nightgown and a long-sleeved shirt and long pants set.
No incidents have been reported.
The products were sold at children's boutiques, specialty retailers and online in the US from August to December 2011 for US$35-$45.
Children's Pajamas Recalled by My Clothes Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of product: Children's Pajamas
Units: About 1,100
Importer: My Clothes Inc., of Montgomery, Ala.
Hazard: The pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injury to children.
Description: Two types of pajamas are being recalled: a long-sleeved nightgown and a set consisting of a long-sleeved shirt and long pants. The long-sleeved nightgown, Style 14, is cotton knit with multi-colored polka dots. The sleeves and hem are ruffled. The shirt and pants set, Style 15 or Style 314RG, is cotton with a red and white gingham print pattern and white piping on the collar, sleeves and pant legs. The shirt has four buttons. The garments were sold in sizes 12 months through size 14. The style number and the words "PJs by My Clothes" are printed on tags sewn into the center back of the gown, the neck of the shirt and the rear waistband of the pants.
Sold at: Children's boutiques and specialty retailers and online nationwide from August 2011 through December 2011 for between $35 and $45.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Children should stop wearing the recalled sleepwear immediately and consumers should return it to the retailer where they purchased the pajamas for a full refund, exchange or store credit.
Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact My Clothes Inc. at (855) 776-6641 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or by e-mail at email@example.com, or visit the firm's website atwww.pjsbymyclothesinc.com (pdf).
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12242.html?tab=recalls
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020