US: Children’s sandals recalled amid safety fears
About 6,700 pairs of girls' sandals have been recalled by distributor Nine West Footwear amid fears that children could cut themselves on tacks which might come loose.
The voluntary safety alert was raised by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Nine West. It advised consumers to return the products immediately for a full refund.
Metal tacks in the Sam & Libby Girl's Thong Sandals, which help to join the sides of the strap to the sole, can detach or be pulled out, posing what the Commission called "a laceration hazard".
No injuries from the products, in the Fish, Starfish and Angelfish models and sold in girls' sizes six to 12, have so far been reported.
The sandals were made in China and sold through Stride Rite, Brothers, Century 21 and Marshalls stores nationwide from March to April this year, priced at US$12-20.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Greg Flores has joined The TJX Companies as executive vice president and chief human resources officer. He succeeds Bruce Margolis, who left the firm earlier this year....
Golf-inspired sportswear firm Ashworth has appointed Peter Weil as its new CEO, succeeding Randall Herrel, who resigned last month....
Off-price group TJX said it has axed about 250 workers in Massachusetts, Canada and the UK as part of a profit-boosting ploy. The company is also cutting 12 senior executive salaries....
Off-price retailer TJX has reported sales and income growth for the full financial year 2006, boosted by "improved execution and a renewed focus on off-price discipline"....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective