CHINA: China Devises A Solution For Silk Supply And Demand
The State Economic and Trade Commission and the Ministry of Agriculture in China have come up with a plan to balance supply and demand for silk. They have worked out that there should be 4-5,000 tons of silkworm cocoons for this year, producing 60,000 tons of silk. The plan is based on a forecast by the State Economic and Trade Commission and the Ministry of Agriculture. They forecast that the demand for both domestic and overseas markets is expected to rise this year and so is the production of silkworm cocoons and silk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020