China online giant teams with Zannier on kid's wear
Chinese online direct sales group JD.com is to open a Kidiliz-branded flagship store on its cross-border e-commerce platform JD Worldwide as part of a partnership deal with children's fashion retailer Group Zannier.
The store will feature products from three of the group's most popular children's fashion brands – Kenzo Kids, Catimini and 3 Pommes – providing Chinese online shoppers with direct access to Zannier's range of children's fashion for the first time.
The two groups may be hoping to capitalise on the government's announcement last year that it is abolishing the country's one-child policy – a move that has sparked a growing interest in baby and family-related businesses in China.
"The Group Zannier is one of the most influential companies in children's fashion globally, and we're delighted to add them to our increasingly diverse selection for Chinese parents," said Tony Qiu, general manager of JD Worldwide. "With China now on the cusp of a baby boom, the partnership will further expand our baby and maternal offering, which is already one of the best-selling categories on our platform. We're looking forward to working with the Group Zannier to tap into the growing consumer demand in high quality imported fashion, and to support the Group Zannier's business growth in China."
Headquartered in France, Zannier manages a portfolio of 15 of the best-known brands in children's fashion across more than 900 stores. The group's flagship store on JD.com will be its first official e-commerce outlet in China.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar