CHINA: China Sanlian Has Misgivings Over Baiwen Plan
Two days before shareholders of Zhengzhou Baiwen Co vote on the company's assets restructuring plan, China's Sanlian Group, the rescuer, has expressed misgivings about its involvement in the bailout plan. Late last year, diversified concern Sanlian Group announced a restructuring deal that aims to rescue Zhengzhou Baiwen from imminent bankruptcy, and eventual delisting from the Shanghai Stock Exchange. Zhengzhou Baiwen is a test case for China's developing stock market, as it challenged the unstated government policy of keeping all listed companies afloat, despite their dismal performance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022