CHINA: China Sanlian Has Misgivings Over Baiwen Plan
Two days before shareholders of Zhengzhou Baiwen Co vote on the company's assets restructuring plan, China's Sanlian Group, the rescuer, has expressed misgivings about its involvement in the bailout plan. Late last year, diversified concern Sanlian Group announced a restructuring deal that aims to rescue Zhengzhou Baiwen from imminent bankruptcy, and eventual delisting from the Shanghai Stock Exchange. Zhengzhou Baiwen is a test case for China's developing stock market, as it challenged the unstated government policy of keeping all listed companies afloat, despite their dismal performance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth