CHINA: China Shoe to expand outside Shanghai
Footwear firm China Shoe Holdings is expanding its brands outside of Shanghai through new agency agreements with distributors from three of the country's provinces.
The distributors will market China Shoe's Kanggies and CCR ladies' footwear brands in Guangdong, Fujian and Jiangxi.
All three provinces occupy the south and south east part of China, and have experienced rapid economic growth in recent years. Their populations are around 77.8m, 35.4m and 42.8m respectively.
"It is anticipated that before the end of year 2009, our distribution channel should cover most of the major cities and provinces in China," said China Shoe Holdings' chairman and CEO, Mr Gu Xiangzhong.
China Shoe Holdings, which manufactures, designs and sells private label and its own branded footwear throughout China and Japan, last month said it hopes to open up to 100 stores in the Shanghai region this year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective