CHINA: China Xiniya Fashion Q3 profit slumps
- Q3 profit plummets 89.4% to CNY6m (US$984.7m)
- Revenues fall 6.7% to CNY389.8m from CNY417.9m
- Gross margin slips to 29.7% from 34.5%
Men's wear business China Xiniya Fashion has seen its third-quarter profit slump on the back of lower sales and higher rebates given to its distributors and retailers.
The company today (20 November) attributed the gross margin decline to lower prices on its 2013 autumn/winter collections, as well as increased rebates offered to distributors and authorised retailers.
"Our business continued to face significant challenges during the third quarter due to the continued softness of the Chinese economy and the aggressive discounting done by other menswear brands, which has reduced the overall profitability of the industry as a whole," said chairman and CEO Qiming Xu.
"Sentiment among our distributors and authorised retailers has improved over the quarter, thanks in part to a new credit initiative that we have implemented that complements and further supports long and short-term initiatives already in place."
The new initiative, Xu said, extends credit terms by providing an extra incentive to ensure distributors open more retail outlets.
"With the support of our new credit initiative and the exciting collection we exhibited in September 2013, I am certain that our efforts will pay off."
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020